Welcome to the Lakeland's Beekeeper Association
The Lakeland beekeepers have an ingrained respect for the knowledge of bees. We want to help our members to become "bee keepers" not just bee owners. Please get involved. Bees depend on us for their survival and you will find a satisfying hobby.
2012 Certified Level Beekeeping Class
The Lakelands Beekeepers association will be offering the certified Level beekeeping course sponsoredby the South Carolina Beekeepers Association and the Clemson University Extension Service.
Classes will be held 6:30- 9:00 pm. Thursday nights starting February 2nd and continue thru March 22. The cost is $55 single or $80 per couple/family. Cost includes: books, classroom materials,1year dues to the Lakelands and South Carolina Beekeepers Associations
For more information and to register contact Donna Boozer at 864-229-1627 / 864-992-3025
Some things we offer:
- A yearly certified level master beekeeper training program sponsored by Clemson University.
- Growth for development to journeyman and master levels in the SC Master Beekeeping program.
- Monthly club meetings sharing information of problems facing bees and some of the researched solutions. Monthly "What you should be doing in the apiary" reminder.
- Club representative to the State Executive Board to advise us of state and national bee keeping issues.
- A forum to promote understanding and communication among local beekeepers.
- Beekeeping demonstrations to schools, farm/city school programs, garden clubs and master gardener clubs. We emphasize the importance of honeybees as pollinators.
- We encourage young people to become beekeepers by giving scholarships to the beginning classes.
- Club Newsletter containing helpful tips, meeting reminders, and recipes.
- Membership list.
- Mentors for new beekeepers.
- A yearly field trip and "honey tasting".
Come join us the second Tuesday of each month at 7 pm. Our meetings are held at the Greenwood County Library on North Main St. Downtown Greenwood
Glenn Stachurski President 864-229- 7444
Mell Wallace Vice President 864-681-3550
Susan Gladden Secretary 864-446-2444
Ray Farmer 864-391-6040
Mel Wallace 864-684-0368
Ed Coleman 864-942-7564